Tuesday, September 28, 2010

It all hit the fan...and broke it...

To say that life has been crazy would be putting it mildly. So much has happened over the course of the past few weeks and school work has piled up!!! So a couple of weeks ago we had a tragedy in the family...my bro's dog got hit by a car and she did not make it! It was terrible! Then the next day I was in a car accident. Some 17 year old ran a red light and took the front of my car with him. Thankfully no one was seriously injured but dealing with insurance companies have been a real pain in the you know where...life can suddenly get way out of hand sometimes!

On top of all that I am sailing into midterms next week and presentations...I want to graduate SO badly right now that I cannot put it into words. One cool thing that did finally happen was petitioning to graduate about 3 weeks ago! I should be hearing back really soon about whether or not I will have made the cut and filled all the requirements to get the heck out of here.

The scary thing about actually graduating is the fact that you are actually freaking graduating...and you just sit there wondering what the heck you going to do with the rest of your life. Thankfully I have a plan...graduate school! YES! Not! It is a necessary evil for me. I want to be a professor one day (really make the big bucks...) Then one day I'll get my good 'ol Ph.D, what fun! It's the scariest and most exhilarating feeling for a student. The pressures do not end with finals or midterms, it's about finding a job and a good one at that! I have plans but those are always subject to change and I haven't quite put my finger on what I should be doing right now and it leaves me with no motivation to finish what I have started. Don't get me wrong, I love what I am studying very much and I have a plan but there is this nagging feeling that there is something that I need to do that I have just not figured out yet...and it is really starting to make me angry. I know I will figure it out eventually....just after a few thermonuclear meltdowns...

In the meantime, life goes on and we do the best we can. Senioritis is getting to me more this month than ever before between my personal issues and all the school work that goes undone. It never ends, especially when you have 5 classes..there is more than enough homework to go around....yippee!!!!

1 comment: